Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Back from ArtFest

Another great year at ArtFest! I returned Sunday afternoon totally exhausted but with my creative battery re-charged. Every single class was fantastic and there are so many great techniques to add to my art tool box. Thursday was Judy Wise, we created a layered collage piece, scumbled paint (yes, that is actually a word!) onto that and than applied wax medium over top to soften the piece. Here is my first attempt, being the shoe addict that I am this was a fun theme for me.

This next one was inspired by my annual trip to the renaissance faire, the dragon is from a Dover book of clip art.

Saturday was Karen Michel's class, we worked with wood blocks, creating mini-collages and attaching them to a larger wood piece. The whole piece was given a patina with a wash of India Ink and then embellished with tiny nails, carpet tacks and white pen. Very fun, now I will be off to the hardware store to track down more supplies!


Trading was a blast the first night this year, I opted for the blitz method and went to almost every table in the dining hall and asked to trade. I was out of trades within the first hour and considering I went with almost 80 shrink plastic pieces to trade that was pretty amazing! Here is just a sample of the multitude of fantastic trades I received this year.


A big shout out to my House 15 girls, the best Art Posse I could ever have. Can't wait to see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment