Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Artist Trading Cards

I am lucky enough to be part of a group of artists called the Sister's in Art Society (SAS), this month we had our annual Valentine's party and exchanged ATC's and other wonderful handmade items. Here are some samples of my cards, the backgrounds were made using Distress Inks that had been watered down. The blank cards were pressed into one wash, dried with an iron and then pressed into another wash. I added specialty paper, the stamped face, rhinestone embellishment and fibers to finish it off.


Close ups....




I love these Distress Ink's by from Ranger. They were developed by Tim Holtz, he has some great demo's on his website here.

I am still grinding my way through my website design class, there are episodes  of extreme panic followed by "whew, maybe I'm not a dumb as I thought" moments. I foresee extended periods of hair pulling and wine drinking when I actually do sit down and attempt it on my own. Til the next time I leave you with this slightly out of focus studio cat picture, enforcing the motto that one's feet (paws) can never be too clean. Apollo has a slightly obssessive compulsive thing about keeping his toes clean. He likes to sit on my lap while we watch TV and it's a little distracting when you are trying to watch Lost and he is gnawing away at his toe jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment