Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Now on Facebook!

Well, I finally did it and set up a facebook page, as soon as I get my new cell phone (hopefully soon) I can get on Twitter too. Started my website design course at Whatcom Community College also so my poor brain is pretty full with all this computer stuff. Of course you need to know that when I was in college, those new fangled things called the PC and Mac were just coming into vogue. I remember the college computer being some big giant thing that took up a whole room, and boy that was pretty cool! And since I am on the technology nostalgia road now, what about the first cell phone I ever had? Remember the "brick" phones, yup, I had one and thought I was all that. You could have used that thing as weapon and killed someone with it if you hit them over the head. Of course now my phone is so cute and petite half the time I can't find it in my purse when it falls to the bottom. And you don't even want to know what the Spousal Unit and I paid for our first home PC....gah!

The youngsters today take it all for granted, but for those of us who are little more "vintage" learning to use all the hardware and software and techno toys that have come along in the last 20 or 30 years has not been so easy sometimes! Of course that being said I cannot live without my cell phone, computer, DVR, iPod and Wii and long for one of those Roomba vaccuums.

No comments:

Post a Comment